June 10, 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE – LINCOLN COUNTY, NC
Lincolnton, NC – The Lincoln County Health Department continues to monitor the spread of COVID-19. The following counts are based on data reported to the Lincoln County Health Department as of today: there are 34 positive-active cases of COVID-19 in Lincoln County, 79 positive-recovered case, and 3 others have been tested and are considered persons under investigation (PUI).
• A positive recovered case is a person who tested positive in a commercial, state, or CDC lab but has now met the state criteria for clearance.
• A PUI is a person who was tested based on COVID-19 testing criteria and is self-isolating until test results are received.
The next Lincoln County COVID-19 data update will be released on June 12, 2020.
LINCOLN COUNTY CONTACT TRACING INFORMATION
REMEMBER THE “3 W’s” AND REDUCE YOUR RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19
- Local health department staff continue to communicate with people who may have come into close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 to provide information, resources, and support during the quarantine period.
- It is important that you continue to work with our contact tracing team to determine your risk for COVID-19 and limit the spread in our community to protect those at high risk.
- Contact tracers WILL NEVER ask for your social security number or financial information.
- All information shared during the calls is considered private health information and will be kept confidential.
Continue to monitor communications by local, state and federal representatives:
- Wear a cloth face covering when in public. For instructions to make your own face cover, visit: https://bit.ly/2zjTQpJ.
- Wait in lines for service at least 6 feet apart to avoid close contact.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or rub hands with hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol until they feel dry.
English Press Release
Spanish Press Release
COVID-19 RESOURCES IN LINCOLN COUNTY
- Lincoln County Health Department triage line, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm: 704-736-8510.
- Atrium Health triage line, 24/7: 704-512-5700
- Novant Health triage line, 24/7: 877-499-1697
- For assistance during COVID-19, Dial 211 or 888-892-1162, or Text COVIDNC to 898211
- For a COVID-19 Lincoln County Resource Guide, visit https://bit.ly/3bAeAbf
- If you are feeling stressed or overwhelmed due to COVID-19 and would like to talk to a counselor, call the free and confidential Hope4NC Helpline at 1-855-587-3463.
- To sign up to receive Citizen Alerts about emergencies or other important community news, visit https://bit.ly/2XKYx5U
MONITOR INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS AS IT IS RELEASED