The Living Healthy Class is a workshop given once a week for six weeks for people with chronic health problems.
Classes are highly participative. Mutual support and success build participant confidence in their own ability to manage their health and maintain active and fulfilling lives.
Subjects covered will include:
• Dealing with frustration, fatigue, and pain
• Exercising for improving strength, flexibility and endurance
• Appropriate use of medications
• How to communicate effectively with healthcare professionals
• How to evaluate treatments
• How to handles stress and relax
Melinda Houser, NC Cooperative Extension and Sue Brooks, Lincoln County Senior Services are the co-leaders for the workshop. The classes are free and will be held at James Warren Citizen Center, 115 W. Main Street, Lincolnton, NC 28092; starting Monday, February 18, 2013. Classes will be every Monday for six weeks starting at 11:00 am. Participants will receive training materials and lunch will be provided. Space is limited so please sign up early. To register for the class, call (704) 736-8461.